Building a health facility which encompasses all major components to appropriately serve patients, staff, and visitors requires a partnership and strong communications between the hospital and the entire production team.
Many factors play into designing a well equipped facility and this workshop will point out the essential ingredients needed for a solid facility project. With new building regulations on the charts and strict inspections, health professionals need to be aware of designing the facility intelligently, keeping the regulatory factors in mind.
What You Will Learn:
- Innovatively planning and constructing your health facility to so as to provide a safe, functional, supportive, and effective environment for patients, staff, and visitors within the hospital.
- New building regulations and how it affects the design of a facility.
- Impact of building regulations on your existing facility when planning an addition/renovation.
- Energy Usage and Sustainability – Accessing and implementing opportunities to improve energy usage and waste management during the planning of your facility.
- Accessiblity – Key points on how to make a health facility more accessible.
- Prioritizing the most important drivers prior to developing the facility.
How You Will Benefit:
- Gain strategies and insights into the practical steps taken to ensure the facility is energy usage focused, sustainable, abides by the building regulation codes while being responsive to patient, staff, and visitor needs.
- Identify master planning techniques.